Welcome to the Newman Catholic Student Center Parish
at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill!
The Newman Catholic Student Center Parish is a vibrant faith community located in downtown Chapel Hill—located right across from the Carolina Inn. Our primary mission is to spread the Gospel on campus and serve all Catholic students, faculty, and residents in Chapel Hill.
In addition to being a full Roman Catholic parish, we are an active campus ministry on UNC’s campus. We offer faith formation, service opportunities, sacraments, and community building opportunities for all Catholics who pass through our doors, including infants, children, teens, college students, and parishioners!
Where is Newman?
What time is…?
- Saturday Vigil Mass: 5:15 p.m.
- Sunday: 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 7:00 p.m.
- (7:00 p.m. academic year only)
- Tuesday/Thursday: 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday/Friday: 5:00 p.m.
- CCN starts Wednesdays after the 5:00 p.m. Mass
- Holy Hour starts at 7:00 p.m. most Wednesdays of the academic year
- Confessions follow Holy Hour at 8:00 p.m.
- Saturdays at 4:00–4:55 p.m.
- After Holy Hour, starting at 8:00 p.m. most Wednesdays of the academic year
- By appointment, with Fr. Mike or Fr. Bill
Note: These are all subject to change. Please see our Calendar for the most up-to-date information about Newman’s events for campus ministry and the parish.
How can I get there?
If you would like to drive to Newman, we have a parking lot available behind our Activity Center for visitors to the parish to use on weekdays. On weekends, both of our parking lots are reserved for parishioners to park for Mass (with limited parking available on UNC football Gamedays).
There is a Chapel Hill bus stop right outside Newman for the following Chapel Hill Transit routes: A, CL, CM, CPX, CW, D, DX, G, JFX, JN, N, NS, RU, T, and 420. These buses arrive regularly and often during the week and a few routes arrive on Saturdays or Sundays. Please see the Town of Chapel Hill website for routes, schedules, and updates.